Designed by Veethemes.com

How To: Decorate your home for fall


Long time no see, ya'll.  Hm...it is partly my fault (back-to-school takes 70% of the blame), but hey, what can I say? I needed the recuperation time, and I regret nothing. :) However, I am finally back! Are you happy? Just nod your head yes. Moving on... Seeing as Fall  is creeping in on us (it'll be official this Sunday), I would like to dedicate my first (re-back) post to the Autumn season.  How to decorate your home when the season is arriving? You can find some inspiration below.


1. This African-themed pillow will be an amazing Fall decor addition to your home. Instead of sticking with the "everything must be orange" tradition, this pillow is non-traditional, yet so darn perfect. 

2. I never said that orange was totally out for the Fall decor. A touch here and there is quite enough, and I vote for touch number one to be this pillow with splashes of orange. Who's with me?


3. Wall decor is beautiful year-round, but Autumn has a ton more pieces to throw out and hang out (or is that Christmas? Hm...).  This metal wall sculpture is different, though, but...I think that's why I love it.

4. Autumn brings one of my favorite holidays of the year (ahem - Halloween), so that means I have to decorate for it. Am I wrong? That means pumpkins, pumpkins, and more pumpkins (although they are general for the Fall season). As my taste in decor matures (and the taste in interior designers do, too), I notice that orange pumpkins are becoming so overrated for decor. Go with something different.  Oh! Like these mercury glass pumpkins? I think so.


5. I love botanicals.  I'm sure I touched on that over here.........(did you read it?)...... Okay, that's enough time. Now you see how I much I really like botanicals. In the Autumn season, I love seeing the leaves change colors and stuff (before they drop to the ground like a pair of dead fruit flies).  Now, although this maple leaf plant is faux, it is still very eye-appealing, so I vote yes.

6. Nine sections of pure loveliness is what this photo of a stark tree portrays. Honestly, nothing could look better against that plain wall that I know you have (except for #3). 

Are you going to decorate your home for Autumn (why do I keep typing August first?!)?  My home is already getting there with the color palette of brown, green, and a little orange working it's way in. Do you prefer artwork or vases, etc?

Tune: How Big Are Angel Wings by Ashton Shepherd
 photo sig_1.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment