Designed by Veethemes.com

Do It Yourself Rugs



Rugs are one of the many great ways to add excitement, color, and uniqueness to a room. It can define a room and tie all of the furniture together to make everything visually fluid. There are many different rugs; all of them can come in different shapes, colors, and fabrics. I personally love rugs because they are so soft (most of them, anyways!) and amazing to sleep on.


To make a room look bolder or to tone it down a bit, a rug can be the missing piece. You can stick with a natural and neutral color, or you can go all out and get a hot pink rug. Rugs also allow you to break up the flooring in your space. Some people choose to put a rug over hardwood floor. Others add a rug over carpet. The lasting effect will differ from each treatment a part of your space.

Another reason that I adore rugs is that you can DIY them. It is impossible to count the number of do-it-yourself projects out there on the Internet, in books, and on TV there are. But there are not as many that will show you how to make your own rug (or design it in the very least - spice it up with a personal touch). I have not tried this project yet, but it is on my "to-do" list.

Some of my favorite DIY rugs are listed below. If you like them and decide to try them out, take photos. I'd love to see!



1. Pom-pom rugs Whoever created this rug is a genius. Kudos to you, my friend. This rug will not only be a focal point for your space, it will also be a soft area of rest for your feet. See, pom-poms can be used on more than the tip of your winter hat.


2. Pebble mat can be used for so many things. As I have mentioned here, these mats would be a lovely do-it-yourself project if you have kids who love playing outdoors, and you would like to prevent them from tracking mess throughout your home.  Oh, and this mat easily brings the outdoors to the inside, which is something that I enjoy doing. Nature rocks.


3. LED Crochet Light Rug that is designed by Imu Design. Okay, this one has my vote for most amazing rug ever. Pinterest sure can show a girl some good findings. Although this rug is not necessarily a natural DIY, it can be. All you need is lights, crochet needle, yarn, and the motivation to crochet. Make sure you look up safety hazards before attempting this DIY.


4. Considering the fact that I am under the legal drinking age of 21 (in the US) and 18 (in England and Canada), then there is no way that I'll have these wine corks at hand. But I can surely find them. But considering that the readers of this blog are typically of drinking age, here is an amazing do-it-yourself project with wine corks. Turn it into a bath mat. Enjoy my friends.

 photo sig_1.png

0 comments:

Post a Comment